intended audience and use
- add secure com to IoT devices and IO boards.
- small scale automation
- for developers skilled in C/C++ and microcontrollers.
- cloud enabled distributed apps that also work stand alone
what iocom is?
- communication library written in C
- MIT license
- primarily TCP/ethernet and serial communication
- TLS and device/server authentication
- connect IoT/IO devices to controller or server
- optimized for “real-time” IO signals for automation
- no strong dependency on any specific hardware, platform or operating system. hardware/platform-dependent code is isolated
- intended for micro-controllers – runs also in Linux or Windows
we are currently working on secure network topology. the first release of the iocom library is expected in 2020. 15.4.2020 status: We are working on first real demo/prototype devices, especially Markku’s democar is almost complete. Still a lot to do with device support, documentation and other detail.