intended audience and use
- secure com to IoT devices and IO boards.
- small scale distributed automation.
- cloud enabled controls that also work stand alone.
- for developers skilled in C/C++ and micro-controllers.
what iocom is?
- communication library written in C.
- MIT license.
- primarily TCP/Ethernet and serial communication.
- TLS and device/server authentication.
- connect IoT/IO devices to controller or server.
- optimized for “real-time” IO signals for automation .
- no strong dependency on any specific hardware, platform or operating system. hardware/platform-dependent code is isolated.
- intended for micro-controllers – runs also in Linux or Windows.
what is up?
- this is still a prototype: we are writing code, documents and making test/example apps.